Thread: open gmail account in outlook express

open gmail account in outlook express

I have Windows Vista installed on my machine and I am using Outlook Express on it. I wanted to know a way to open gmail account in outlook express and I have tried many things but nothing is working for me. Is there someone who can give me step by step tutorial for same. Thank you in advance for any replies.

I dont think that Windows Vista has Outlook Express in it, the mail client that it uses is Windows Mail if I am not mistaken. In any case you can use the below method to setup gmail accounts in Windows Mail:
    1. Sign in to Gmail.
    2. Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
    3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
    4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
    5. Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
      Although the radio button next to your selected option may not stay selected, Gmail displays the status next to 'POP Status:.' When you enable POP, your settings display 'POP Status: POP is enabled.'
      If your POP settings are turned off, the status will indicate that POP is disabled.

You can get more information on this website - http://support.google.com/mail/bin/s...age=ts.cs&rd=2

You can download the Gmail Notifier from this link which is an application hat alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser. So, now you dont need to setup either Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail.