Thread: Reinstall Windows Mail?

Reinstall Windows Mail?

I had Office 2007 beta installed on machine but later on due to an error on the Outlook home page I uninstalled the same and messed up something in Windows Mail. So therefore I would like to know how can I reinstall the Windows Mail. Also, I am getting some kind of error which states "Windows Mail could not be started because msoe.dll could not be initialized and mail may not be installed correctely". Any ideas how to troubleshoot this problem.

Have you tried looking for the same in Start and then Default Programs. If it is not there then it might be possible that the installer could have been corrupted. You can try to download the WLDM again and install it again on your computer. Otherwise try to do a system restore in your Vista system to a previous state when everything was working fine. You can open System Restore by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore. You will require an Administrator permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I think that the issue is with the message that is stored in some kind of instances and could be permissions problem or corruption. So, what you can do is try to move all the files out of the default mail location which might be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\ and then the Windows Mail should be started properly. After that you can try to drag the eml files from the transferred directory to Windows Mail folders to reincorporate them properly.

I have also got the same issue. I am using the office 2007 home & student version on my pc and I get some kind of message that windows mail is not properly installed and if I try to open from the contact list then it just keeps opening something from the Windows Explorer and gives the same error that Winmail is not installed correctly. It was working properly before I installed Office suite.