Thread: Window Mail stopped sending email on Vista

Window Mail stopped sending email on Vista

I am using Windows Mail on Windows Vista. It is my default email client. This morning when I checked for new messages and I found a bit issue with the email stuff. I was able to receive emails but I cannot send it. I tried that a number of time. The mail goes in the outbox but the receiver got nothing. I am not able to figure out the problem behind the issue. My system is also dealing with virus issue. I am using AVIRA here. There are hundreds of virus detected recently. I thought the antivirus was capable enough to clean that but issue lies the same. Can anyone here help to fix Mail problem.

Re: Window Mail stopped sending email on Vista

Try to reset your account settings. That might do the job. Go the accounts section and first delete all the listed accounts. Then create them back once again. I think that will be more than enough to fix the issue. Once it is created you can test the account back and then see whether it is working or not.

Windows Mail is a bit buggy. Due to which I had switched to Outlook. I was having a bit problem in using this. The Mail application is really sensitive. It does not work well if there is a good security application in your system. While compare to that Outlook works really fine. You just require to properly configure the email account. That's all. First thing you have to do is boot your system in safe mode. Then scan the same thoroughly with good antivirus scanner. There are some set of bootable antivirus scanner also available on the web. You can use them also. Scan your system and then test back. Sometime virus damages the mail settings and also the message folder due to which this kind of problem appear. Do you get any kind of error in your system. Any error associated with sending emails. If yes then you have to list that here. If not then there is one place you can check for it. Go in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Here you can find each and every error of Windows. Copy the entire error description and post it here. That's all. V‏irus scanning is one of the most important thing you have to do. Your system must be clean from all kinds of virus.

There is a simple fix that can help you. Try to run system restore. This will restore your system's old settings. It is really helpful in dealing with this kind of problem. System restore is very easy to use. Just run that and then check back again. You can try running some new windows update also.

Sometime the issue also lies with mail server. You have to check properly the output of imap and pop server. Ample of time if those servers are not working well then you get this kind of issue. You will need to properly test and look whether they are working fine or not. Just delete the existing account and add it back again. There are some online tools available by which you can test out whether the pop and smtp server is active or not. Just check the same account in Microsoft Outlook also if you are having Office 2007 on your system. The process of adding account is simple. If the email works well on Outlook then it simply means Windows Mail is having some kind of issue. You can try to install Windows Live Essentials in your system. The new one will also upgrade the mail version. It is very important that first you must get rid of those virus from your pc. This virus are really dangerous. They can damage your system settings also. Try to turn off your firewall for sometime and then check back. If it works then it simply means the email application is blocked by firewall or any other security application.

Before doing all those thing try to check your internet settings also. Sometime due to bandwidth fluctuation you get the issue. There is a simple command for that. Just type ping.google.com -t in cmd and hit enter. If you get regular ping then internet is fine and the issue lies with mail client. But if you get request timeout or any other error on that then contact your ISP.

Windows Mail on Vista does not works fine. The same works really well on Windows 7. I am having two system here. The first one has Vista which is a old laptop and the second one is a desktop pc. The desktop has Windows 7 on it. Now there is a bit issue with Vista. Sometime mail works fine but sometime it does not. While in Windows 7 there is never error. I am using Norton on both the pc. When I disable Norton in Vista there is no problem with Mail. I can download/upload attachment, send and receive mails. But when it is turned on ample of time the mail does not goes. I tried automatic updates also. Later on I switched to Outlook Express which resolved the issue. It worked fine and there is no problem. I can send/receive emails properly on it. The antivirus scans every time whenever I send a email and that this is causing effect in Windows Mail. While with Outlook there is no problem at all.

Try to use different email client. That is more better. I use Thunderbird here. It is really a lightweight email client which offers you all features of web based mail. You can simply download it for free. I am using around 4 different accounts on it and it works really well. I had tested the same on Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express. They simply freezes a lot while downloading mails. Thunderbird is great in terms of performance.