Thread: Contact Restore is not working on Windows Vista Mail

Contact Restore is not working on Windows Vista Mail

I am using Windows Live Mail as my default email client. I had configured Hotmail on it. I am having all my contacts at the same place. My friend has helped me to export the contacts. I was having some issue with importing the same. When I try to import the same my email client freezes in between. It is just not pulling out all the contacts. My system is working slow so I want to format the same. But I cannot simply format everything before I backup all data and mails. I want to copy them on some other system where it might work well. Can anyone help me here.

Re: Contact Restore is not working on Windows Vista Mail

The contact file which you had exported might be corrupted due to which you are facing the issue. I will recommend you to export the same thing back and then go for formatting. Because it will be complicated to restore back if you went ahead with a damage files.

You can export the same back again. All you have to do is go in Address book. You can find the export tab there. Save the file to some place and first try to import it on some other pc. This is just for testing purpose. Later on you can format your pc and import it back. There are more suitable tools available on web which can help you to use this in more better way. There are some automated backup manager software available. You can use them for the backup purpose. That is more helpful. Try using windows easy file transfer. I think that is more appropriate here. Easy Transfer is a simple tool by Microsoft that copies your email, photos, user profile etc and you can import them back after when your system is ready to use. You can download the same from the official website of Microsoft and test the same. I think this is simply more easier to deal with the problem you are facing. Instead of going with manual procedure you can just instantly through some click put your data back in your system.

I think you must go for some better option here. There are tools on the web that helps you to backup mail stuff only. You can download them and test the same. Those are more effective. And you can sync the mails and contacts through online hotmail account so that there is no need of constant backup.

There is one more tool which can help you in getting appropriate mail backup. It is called as KLS Mail Backup. The tool is simply awesome for backup and restore. It works really well and has no issue with any kind of mail software. It works well with outlook, mail and web browser also. It is a very basic tool with single window. It also helps you to backup and restore your contacts and bookmarks. There is an automated wizard that guide you for the backup process. You can rely on the same. First you can copy all the backup file at one single place. So that it will be easy for restoration. Then the next thing you can do is simply format your system and install windows back again and use K mail once again to restore your data. It is really very effective software. I had used this on Outlook and Thunderbird. It can be limited to some features. Because it just a plain backup tool. You cannot take advance benefit from it.

There are many utilities for backup purpose. The best thing you can do here is simply create a clone of your system partition. When you have any issue you can use that to restore your pc. This is one of the best way to get your old data back and it works really well.

You can use any backup tool here. But as you said that you are not able to restore that through the file which you have, that means the file is damage. It is necessary that you keep a set of different copies of the same file on different place. This will make your job much more easier. You can simply download and install Google Drive on your system. Keep a copy of the data in the same. It will be uploaded on Gmail automatically. So that if there is some problem with the existing file you can simply use the online version for restoration. It works really well. I am using Comodo Backup here. It is easy to use and effective also. I am using it from long time for data restoration. It basically works with all kind of email client. The tool right now offers a 5GB of online storage with simple restoration facility. It works well with all edition of outlook and manual backup is also possible. Just try to get use to some of this kind of tool which is more than enough in terms of feature and output.

I will recommend Windows Easy Transfer. It is better and fast also. You can instantly restore your files on a new pc or in any other system also if you want. It is not at all complicated to use. The download size is minimal. I find it very effective for transferring emails.