Thread: Windows mail asking to verify username and password

Windows mail asking to verify username and password

I’ve configured few email accounts with Windows mail on Vista laptop. Though I have enter and saved the correct username and password, a pop up box keeps coming every minute for verifying username and password. No matter I keep entering 100 times, it just keeps on coming.

Later I thought to get some help from my kerrlake server. I called them up, they tried many things to get rid of this problem. They also deleted the account and reset the settings but nothing helps.

I have configured the same accounts on my BB phone as well where I can get the mails properly than what’s the problem with Windows mail. Somebody please help.

Re: Windows mail asking to verify username and password

Whenever you get any error message with Windows mail or any email client, it is somewhere associated with some error message. That is required to fix those problems. So, as you haven’t posted any error, it is very difficult to help you out. What I’ll suggest you is when you get the pop up again, just keep on clicking Cancel button. This will generate an error message. Just copy that complete error code and paste here.

Hey, I’m also facing exactly the same error. In my case, the error message is as follows:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'POP3.live.com', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Edit/Delete Message

Any help?

Account: 'gmail', Server: 'POP.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
    Here is the error..... and I have reviewed all the windows mail posts and no mater what.... I am in the same boat.
    Totally disgusted can get my e mail direct from gmail but can not foreward!!!!!!!!! This is an all the sudden event 2 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by CWW View Post
    Account: 'gmail', Server: 'POP.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
    Here is the error..... and I have reviewed all the windows mail posts and no mater what.... I am in the same boat.
    Totally disgusted can get my e mail direct from gmail but can not foreward!!!!!!!!! This is an all the sudden event 2 days now.
    Which AntiVirus software are you using? Is scanning incoming and outgoing email option set any chance. If you are using Norton by any chance then you might have to face this issue, so better get rid of Norton antivirus software installed in your pc. If your are using any firewall, then try to disable it as well and check whether your issue is solved or not.