Thread: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

Using Windows mail on Vista 64bit desktop. Configured it a week ago and it was working so far. Don’t know what went wrong suddenly I was not able to send any mail from my AOL account. There was my friend who fixed it don’t know how and it started working again. But since morning today, again am unable to send any mail.

This is the error message I get on my screen whenever I attempt doing so:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

Somebody please suggest me any permanent fix for this. Thank you.

Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

Just go to settings, go to your accounts properties and make sure that "My server requires authorization" is enabled. Once you do this, don’t close the window, right there you will find generable tab, click the same and remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Just above this make sure your email address (ending with @aol.com) is written. Save these changes and apply. Restart Windows Mail and see if it is fixed.

Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via win

Thanks a lot for your help tanvir. Well I tried what you said but unfortunately the problem still exists. Also now it gives me the following error message:

"An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: AOL', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F"

Any other helps please.

Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

I was having this exact same error message trying to send email through thunderbird.I was able to send them from my second screen name on the same account,but not from my master sn. So I tried on a different computer,and didnt have the problem.
    I tried deleting and recreating the account,uninstalling and reinstalling Thunderbird,nothing worked.My last try,using total uninstall or smart uninstall to make sure the registry entries were removed during uninstall of Thunderbird.Then delete the thunderbird folders from two application files folders,and program files folder. Reinstalled recreate the email accounts and its fine now.