Thread: Missing folders pane

Missing folders pane

I dont know if there are some changes that I have done recently in my Windows Vista computer but when I check the left hand pane in which a list of folders is shown for inbox, sent, delete, etc, in Windows Mail are not showing up all of a sudden. I have done many things like from restarting the pc to going in the layout and making sure that the folder list items are checked but nothing seems to be working. However, I can get to the folders via the folder bar option, so it means that it is still there. What other things can I do to fix this problem?

I think that you need to go to the tool bar and at the top side something that starts with "Create Mail", you need to check at the right side and click on that icon. There you will find the option that will show your local folders. Other than that you can go to Menu Bar and then View and then Layout. Now you have to put a check mark on the Folder List and then click OK. If still that doesnt work then you can try to upgrade to Windows Live Mail which is an upgraded version of Windows Mail by downloading it from the microsoft site.

Re: Missing folders pane

Customizing the layout of Windows Mail

Windows Mail allows you to customize the way your desktop appears within the program. To customize your settings, follow these steps:

From the View menu, choose Layout
    Checking the Folder List will display a general list on the left pane of your screen
    Checking the Folder Bar will display the active folder in a pane near the top of your screen
    Select Customize Toolbar if you wish to chenge the way icons are displayed on the Toolbar
    You can also choose whether you would like to display text on the tool bar buttons
    Clicking Customize toolbar also gives you the option of adding or removing functions on your toolbar. For instance if you want a print button on your tool bar.
    The Preview Pane options allows you to choose how you would like message previews displayed. Turning off Preview Pane allows you to view a list of messages without having to view the contents of each message.
    Make any changes you like then click Apply, then OK to confirm your changes.