Thread: Printing email not longer working in Windows Mail (System: Vista64, IE8)

I have installed windows vista mail after installing it, after 2 days even I have installed Internet Explorer 8 all the office 2007 patches on my sutesm. Now the problem is that I cannot print my mails, I am receving windows error message.

Internet Explorer Script Error.
    Line 291
    Character ( Column ?) 1
    Error: Interface not registered
    Code 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

I can stop the script or continue, but nothing seems to be working @ all. I cannot see any print dialog nor any a print out. I cannot reproduce the error on vista32 notebook. I think this could be vista64 related error only which is there on my system. Later I decide to uninstall IE8 which should revert me back to IE7. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700, After reading many articles I found the solution for the same.

Goto Command Prompt and excute the following command as adminsitrator.
    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

The above command seems to be enough, but previously i executed the following commands:
    regsvr32 ole32.dll
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

The last two command haven't solved my query at all, but perhaps I was able to solve the complete problem with the first command. I think this happened because when a user leaves his security software active while installing IE8, in spite of Microsoft advice.

Re: Printing email not longer working in Windows Mail (System: Vista64, IE8)

Apologies for posting so long after the rest of the thread - I was having the same issues and followed advice on this thread. I found the final part of the solution to be related to IE 32 bit not being in a runnable state (when I clicked on the exe it simply did not run). The following site contained the commands that was the final part to re enabling -

which has a set of script that when executed after the commands here meant 32 bit IE 8 ran and then the printing window popped up!

If anyone is having similar kind of problem then they can easily eliminate it by reseting IE Advanced settings. To do the same follow the below method:
    1. Click this button
    2. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
    3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    4. Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
    5. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click Close again.
    6. Close Internet Explorer, and then restart it.

Click on Start > Run and type regsvr32 actxprxy.dll. Hit enter. To run this command it is important that you must be logged in Admin panel. Or else you will face a error. Second thing remove your shared printer and then re-install the same back again. It is because of print command fails to print that mail. Try to run the print in simple plain text inside of encoded html.