Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Error Code 8024402c

  1. #1
    Glen1567 Guest

    Error Code 8024402c

    Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

  2. #2
    MowGreen [MVP] Guest

    Re: Error Code 8024402c

    8024402c WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    " Generic unexpected protocol talker failure
    Winhttp SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x80072EE7 error. Either
    the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved.
    Corresponding to ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service
    or reboot the machine if you see this error frequently. "

    If rebooting the system doesn't bring a resolution to this issue, try
    this :
    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, click to select
    the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
    5. Quit Internet Explorer.
    6. Click Start, click Search, type Command Prompt, and then click OK.
    7. *Right* click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as administrator'
    Enter a password or click Continue if no password is in use.
    8. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
    a. proxycfg -d
    b. net stop wuauserv
    c. net start wuauserv
    d. exit

    Restart the system and see if it can access the update servers.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============



    Glen1567 wrote:

    > Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    > installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated


  3. #3
    BillScott Guest

    Re: Error Code 8024402c

    Tried the proxycfg command, but it returned a command not recognised error.
    Any sggestions.

    "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

    > 8024402c WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    > " Generic unexpected protocol talker failure
    > Winhttp SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x80072EE7 error. Either
    > the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved.
    > Corresponding to ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service
    > or reboot the machine if you see this error frequently. "
    >
    > If rebooting the system doesn't bring a resolution to this issue, try
    > this :
    > 1. Open Internet Explorer.
    > 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    > 3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    > 4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, click to select
    > the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
    > 5. Quit Internet Explorer.
    > 6. Click Start, click Search, type Command Prompt, and then click OK.
    > 7. *Right* click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as administrator'
    > Enter a password or click Continue if no password is in use.
    > 8. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
    > a. proxycfg -d
    > b. net stop wuauserv
    > c. net start wuauserv
    > d. exit
    >
    > Restart the system and see if it can access the update servers.
    >
    > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    > ===============
    > *-343-* FDNY
    > Never Forgotten
    > ===============
    >
    >
    >
    > Glen1567 wrote:
    >
    > > Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    > > installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    > > Any suggestions would be appreciated

    >


  4. #4
    MowGreen [MVP] Guest

    Re: Error Code 8024402c

    Please note the command must be entered one way only.
    There's a space after the g and before the -

    proxycfg -d

    It *should* work in Vista, too. If not, run

    proxycfg /?

    to see the available commands. Look for the one that will removes a
    proxy server.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============


    BillScott wrote:

    > Tried the proxycfg command, but it returned a command not recognised error.
    > Any sggestions.
    >
    > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>8024402c WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    >>" Generic unexpected protocol talker failure
    >>Winhttp SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x80072EE7 error. Either
    >>the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved.
    >>Corresponding to ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service
    >>or reboot the machine if you see this error frequently. "
    >>
    >>If rebooting the system doesn't bring a resolution to this issue, try
    >>this :
    >>1. Open Internet Explorer.
    >>2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    >>3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    >>4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, click to select
    >>the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
    >>5. Quit Internet Explorer.
    >>6. Click Start, click Search, type Command Prompt, and then click OK.
    >>7. *Right* click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as administrator'
    >>Enter a password or click Continue if no password is in use.
    >>8. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
    >>a. proxycfg -d
    >>b. net stop wuauserv
    >>c. net start wuauserv
    >>d. exit
    >>
    >>Restart the system and see if it can access the update servers.
    >>
    >>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    >>===============
    >> *-343-* FDNY
    >>Never Forgotten
    >>===============
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Glen1567 wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    >>>installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    >>>Any suggestions would be appreciated

    >>


  5. #5
    BillScott Guest

    Re: Error Code 8024402c

    Mow, it returns the message 'proxycfg is not recognised as an internal or
    external command, operable program or batch file', but then it is VISTA !

    Thanks for trying, Bill

    "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

    > Please note the command must be entered one way only.
    > There's a space after the g and before the -
    >
    > proxycfg -d
    >
    > It *should* work in Vista, too. If not, run
    >
    > proxycfg /?
    >
    > to see the available commands. Look for the one that will removes a
    > proxy server.
    >
    > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    > ===============
    > *-343-* FDNY
    > Never Forgotten
    > ===============
    >
    >
    > BillScott wrote:
    >
    > > Tried the proxycfg command, but it returned a command not recognised error.
    > > Any sggestions.
    > >
    > > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>8024402c WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    > >>" Generic unexpected protocol talker failure
    > >>Winhttp SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x80072EE7 error. Either
    > >>the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved.
    > >>Corresponding to ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service
    > >>or reboot the machine if you see this error frequently. "
    > >>
    > >>If rebooting the system doesn't bring a resolution to this issue, try
    > >>this :
    > >>1. Open Internet Explorer.
    > >>2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    > >>3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    > >>4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, click to select
    > >>the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
    > >>5. Quit Internet Explorer.
    > >>6. Click Start, click Search, type Command Prompt, and then click OK.
    > >>7. *Right* click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as administrator'
    > >>Enter a password or click Continue if no password is in use.
    > >>8. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
    > >>a. proxycfg -d
    > >>b. net stop wuauserv
    > >>c. net start wuauserv
    > >>d. exit
    > >>
    > >>Restart the system and see if it can access the update servers.
    > >>
    > >>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    > >>===============
    > >> *-343-* FDNY
    > >>Never Forgotten
    > >>===============
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>Glen1567 wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    > >>>installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    > >>>Any suggestions would be appreciated
    > >>

    >


  6. #6
    MowGreen [MVP] Guest

    Re: Error Code 8024402c

    Eye yi yi ... even proxycfg /? doesn't work ? I'm not familiar with the
    different flavors of Vista, Bill. Am working on a Home Premium system
    today and will report back with my findings.
    In the meantime, can you access TCP/IPv4 and see if it's set to
    Automatically obtain an IP and DNS server address ?
    It's in Network Center > Manage Connections > Active connection
    [I think, as I do not have Vista installed and am going by a rapidly,
    aging memory <w> ]
    In XP one could double click the Network icon in the Notification tray,
    and the click the Properties button in the Local Area Connection Status
    window to reach TCP/IP's properties.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============


    BillScott wrote:

    > Mow, it returns the message 'proxycfg is not recognised as an internal or
    > external command, operable program or batch file', but then it is VISTA !
    >
    > Thanks for trying, Bill
    >
    > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Please note the command must be entered one way only.
    >>There's a space after the g and before the -
    >>
    >>proxycfg -d
    >>
    >>It *should* work in Vista, too. If not, run
    >>
    >>proxycfg /?
    >>
    >>to see the available commands. Look for the one that will removes a
    >>proxy server.
    >>
    >>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    >>===============
    >> *-343-* FDNY
    >>Never Forgotten
    >>===============
    >>
    >>
    >>BillScott wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Tried the proxycfg command, but it returned a command not recognised error.
    >>>Any sggestions.
    >>>
    >>>"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>8024402c WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    >>>>" Generic unexpected protocol talker failure
    >>>>Winhttp SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x80072EE7 error. Either
    >>>>the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved.
    >>>>Corresponding to ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service
    >>>>or reboot the machine if you see this error frequently. "
    >>>>
    >>>>If rebooting the system doesn't bring a resolution to this issue, try
    >>>>this :
    >>>>1. Open Internet Explorer.
    >>>>2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    >>>>3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    >>>>4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, click to select
    >>>>the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
    >>>>5. Quit Internet Explorer.
    >>>>6. Click Start, click Search, type Command Prompt, and then click OK.
    >>>>7. *Right* click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as administrator'
    >>>>Enter a password or click Continue if no password is in use.
    >>>>8. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
    >>>>a. proxycfg -d
    >>>>b. net stop wuauserv
    >>>>c. net start wuauserv
    >>>>d. exit
    >>>>
    >>>>Restart the system and see if it can access the update servers.
    >>>>
    >>>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
    >>>>===============
    >>>> *-343-* FDNY
    >>>>Never Forgotten
    >>>>===============
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Glen1567 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    >>>>>installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    >>>>>Any suggestions would be appreciated
    >>>>


  7. #7
    stylistlaurie Guest

    RE: Error Code 8024402c

    Try going into the network center and manage network connections. Select the
    connection then select diagnose this connection. For me an error with the IP
    addresses came up. It then allowed me to automatically configure to the
    correct settings.

    "Glen1567" wrote:

    > Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    > installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated


  8. #8
    Glen1567 Guest

    RE: Error Code 8024402c

    Tried this avenue but it says there are no connection problems.
    Tried the "advance connection" normal fix procedures...still no fix.
    Lately when I start up Windows (Vista) I get 10 or more start up programs
    that fail to start, and the first 2 letters are dm***.exe
    I may have inadvertently deleted the Dell Monitoring program thus those
    programs show up, although they also refer to C:/windows/system32/Run files
    Any other help or suggestions?



    "stylistlaurie" wrote:

    > Try going into the network center and manage network connections. Select the
    > connection then select diagnose this connection. For me an error with the IP
    > addresses came up. It then allowed me to automatically configure to the
    > correct settings.
    >
    > "Glen1567" wrote:
    >
    > > Sometime back in november 13, 2007, a Windows Vista update was autoimatically
    > > installed and i haven't been able to update Windows or Windows Defender.
    > > Any suggestions would be appreciated


Similar Threads

  1. Windows update error 8024402C
    By Rahul in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM
  2. Update failed error code:8024402C
    By Krista in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. windows update failed - log shows error 8024402c
    By JoeP in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-05-2008, 12:02 AM
  4. Error Code 8024402C
    By Sauvan in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
  5. RE: Windows Update for Vista error 8024402C
    By Brian D in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-01-2007, 06:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,643,022,159.36039 seconds with 17 queries