Thread: How to fix damage Windows Updates on Windows 7

How to fix damage Windows Updates on Windows 7

My pc is having some problem with windows update. It looks to be working fine, but I am constantly getting popup about new updates. That is really weird. I had updated everything. But still the notification keeps on appearing after a few couple of days. I searched on different forums for this issue and found that such errors mostly occur if the updates are broken. How can fix them. I tried re-downloading them but that did not worked much. Is there a ready made tool which can scan and simply replace the damage files.

Re: How to fix damage Windows Updates on Windows 7

Just keep on searching for new updates. That will fix the issue. I was getting a single update notification for last 5 days which was resolved automatically once the update was replaced. So that is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue.

That is the reason I always go for manual process of update. When you click on manual updates, windows will give you the list of recent updates .You can ignore which is not required and apply critical system updates only. If the updates here are damage or not proper then you get the replacement within some time. The buggy update is released. The last update that I was installed caused a serious bug in my pc, due to which I went with manual process of setup. The update was affected with some lan driver that caused blue screen. I checked in Event Viewer, and found the issue with associated dll file that came through update. I removed that and the problem was resolved. Till today I did not received any error on the screen. The system works fine. When you keep the system automatic update ample of time some unwanted updates are installed in your pc. You can avoid that through manual updates. Also if any recent updates gives any problem just go in control pane and remove it. It will be resolve the problem also. System restore is another way of fixing pc for temporary period.

Like the link below Microsoft offers you ample of updates to fix automatic updates issue. My system was also giving the same kind of issue. It just keeps on giving me pending update details on the screen. But when I ran the fix below the issue was solved.

Microsoft Fix

There is one more tool that you can download from web. It is called as System Update Readiness Tool. The tool is great in finding and fixing the problem appeared in your system due to damage /corrupt system files. There are different edition of download available for windows. It is recommended that you must run the software and then test back. It will scan your system for damage files and fix the same. It is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue associated with windows updates. I am having a 64bit version of windows 7, so I cannot give you the direct download link. You have to find the same on web. You can constantly visit Microsoft Solution Center for fixing this kind of issue. There is hardly any tool available on the web which is capable of scanning and updating windows automatically. Till today Microsoft has not yet provided any of those tools. The only tool which I found works great with updating drivers is Driver Detective. This tools just keeps your system driver updated. It works automatically. You just need to run a scan that's all. All pending drivers are automatically installed and updated in your system.

Download Windows Updates Downloader from web. It is a nice tool that allows you to download and install updates in your system. It is a third party software which works really well in terms of updates. You must install this in your pc and run it one time. I think this will help you.

There are few basic tricks that can help you fixing the issue. First when the update service is unstable the most basic thing you can do is run system restore. This tool is simply enough easy to restore your old system settings. You can find that under System Tools. But if you had installed anything recently it will be removed once you run the same. System restore works fine but is not the the most intact solution. Now if you are having issue with damage system files then you can run system file checker. You just have to type sfc /scannow and hit enter in cmd. This tools scans your system for damage system files and replace them. This works really well. But it is a time consuming process. It takes a long time to completely check the files and replace it. You must try this out and then test it back. I think this will be more helpful. I am also giving you one additional link below through which you can reset the updated components once again.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Whenever I get this kind of issue the first thing I do is run system restore. If that works then fine. The system will go proper. But if the same does not works well then I run a repair setup through windows bootable disc. That is more helpful and without losing my data I get a fresh windows.