Thread: Windows Update Error Code 2 attempting to install Security Update for .NET Framework 4 (KB2160841)

Windows Update Error Code 2 attempting to install Security Update for .NET Framework 4 (KB2160841)

This particular update frequently fails to install. I have attempted rebooting numerous times however the install still fails. The linked to the assist doc for Windows Update error code 2 is absolutely uncooperative in addition to refers merely to get the error in the context of installing a language pack. Windows Update Error Code 2 attempting to install Security Update for .NET Framework 4 (KB2160841) Any suggestions on solving this issue?

Re: Windows Update Error Code 2 attempting to install Security Update for .NET Framework 4 (KB2160841)

You may require starting your system again for this update to succeed. A security problem has been recognized that could permit an attacker to cooperation your Windows-based system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework as well as add total control over it. You be able to assist protect your PC by installing this update from Microsoft. Then you install this thing, you may have to start your PC again.

Re: Windows Update Error Code 2 attempting to install Security Update for .NET Framework 4 (KB2160841)

I go for uninstall/change a program as well as pressed on repair for Microsoft.NET Framework 4 Client Profile. After the repair completed, the update installed. Attempt this previous to uninstalling anything. Go to the add/remove program, right press on Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, which provide me an option of Uninstall/Change, while I right press it. After that while I pressed it, I was provided an option to repair the Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile as well as I did. Get a little while to finish the repair regarding 4 to 6 minutes. Lastly, it asked me to make sure for the latest update. I checkered the update center as well as the update was doing well.

To install this update, you must contain Windows Installer 3.1 or a later edition installed on the system. To get the most up-to-date edition of Windows Installer, you have to visit the Microsoft website. You can take out Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 with the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, and after that you have to reinstall the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 in addition to install the Update.

Hey here is same problem. Error code 2 while attempting to install update Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP for x64-based Systems (KB2160841). I have attempted the entire things it links me to Containing reboot/restart of PC. Always takes me back to the Some updates did not install and that is the one with the error. Other updates installed without problem.

From my opinion you have to attempt Going to Program and Features, then you have to press on it. Then go down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile and after that right press on it. It will provide you an option of Uninstall/Change, press it. After that, it will provide an option to Repair it, choose repair it. It will get about 4-10 minutes to repair (with my computer) experience may vary. While finished, go to you update center, in addition to update it again.

Hey I have tried what suggestion I got from here. .NET cleanup tool worked for me. Downloaded, chosen .NET Framework 4, tool ran is course as well as after that rebooted. And then ran Windows Update again as well as got a fresh edition of .NET framework 4 and then the subsequent update worked well this time. So thank you so much for your solution.