Thread: Unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1

Tom Small Guest

Unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1

Hi,

We use Tivoli to do remote pushing and installation of software to PCs, and the PCs are already loaded with WinXP SP3, DotNet Framework 1.0, DotNet Framework 2.0, and DotNet Framework 3.0. Tivoli will not perform an unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1. It fails and the error logs
    say:

"DISSE0198I User program exit code: 1603
    RGB9RAST -- Installation failed
    RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI
    returned error code 1603"

I am using the parameters "/q /norestart". However if I log in to one of the PCs and manually run the Installation Files dumped there by Tivoli, after removing the "/q" , it starts off with this in the installation window--" "Download complete. You can now disconnect from the internet." and continues to successfully install. Can anyone suggest how to do an unattended remote install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1

Thanks.
    Any help much appreciated.

--
    Tom Small
    Middlesex University
    London
    UK

PA Bear [MS MVP] Guest

Re: Unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1

Windows Update has nothing to do with this. You will find support for .NET Framework in these forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...netdevelopment

I am providing you a link of .NET Framework Deployment Guide. This can help you to get proper parameter for Unattended DotNet Framework installation. You have to refer to the process here which is easy. There are some advance settings require here that you need to perform well to get a proper output or else you will get the error back. Before going ahead just checkout all the parameters provided in the link and then you can simply match the same with yours and find out the issue. You can begin your work from scratch through the below guide.

.NET Framework Deployment Guide for Administrators

The first thing you have to do is go ahead with RGB Rast installation manually. Then go ahead with the other process. I am going to provide certain parameters here that can help you for. First if you want to ahead with the silent repair then you can use %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\FULLVERSION\SetupCache\Client\setup.exe /repair /x86 /x64 /ia64 /parameterfolder Client /q /norestart. For unattended repair you can try using %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\FULLVERSION\SetupCache\Client\setup.exe /repair /x86 /x64 /ia64 /parameterfolder Client /passive/norestart. And for unattended uninstall you can go with %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\FULLVERSION\SetupCache\Client\setup.exe /uninstall /x86 /x64 /parameterfolder Client /passive /norestart. In place of FULL VERSION type the entire version of .net framework.