Thread: Installing Office Upgrade Version on new drive

Installing Office Upgrade Version on new drive

I bought a new computer, and had my old hard drive installed as a 2nd drive to use for backup, etc. On the original computer, I had MS Office Pro 2003 installed and working well. It was an upgrade version, based on previous use of Office 97 and Publisher 2002. However, I can't find my installation CDs from either of those. The when prompted for where to look for previous versions, I browse to the old hard drive where Office was installed, but it can't find what it is looking for there.

What do I need to do to get this installed. Would MS be able to give me something to install with based on my previous registration with them? I can't get free e-mail to MS because I only have the Product Key, not the code you get after installing. Is there a way to find that code by looking at the files on the drive where it was installed. (I can't run from there because a new verison of XP was intalled on the new drive, and none of my programs on the old drive are in the registry.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm using e-bay to solve my problem.

I am buying Office 97 (again) from e-bay so I will have a CD to put in when prompted. It's frustrating that MS wouldn't let me send a e-mail asking how to do this without paying $49 up front. My story may sound to some like I'm trying to put an illegal copy on, but it is all legitimate.