Thread: windows xp slow hibernation when using ac adaptor

windows xp slow hibernation when using ac adaptor

i have an hp l2000 laptop whose motherboard i recently replaced and re-installed windows xp. except for the following issue, it runs perfectly:

i have noticed that hibernation takes ~3 minutes when the laptop is plugged into a wall outlet through the ac adapter. conversely, when the laptop is running on battery power, the hibernation completes within 10-20 seconds.

i have tried using another posted solution for slow hibernation (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=92534), but it doesn't work.

any suggestions are appreciated.

I had a similar situation today with coming out of hibernation. It turns out it was my display drivers. Did you recently update/change your display drivers? I was using 165.01 when the problem existed. Now I'm using 163.44. Its been running good so far...

slow hibernation

thanks for the reply.

sorry, perhaps i wasn't clear. the slowed part of the hibernation on my laptop is going into hibernation. when i try to hibernate my laptop, it is very slow (2-3 minutes) when using the ac adapter, but but relatively quick when i am running on battery power (~20 seconds). when i come out of hibernation, the computer response is pretty quick for either case.

do you think the display drivers would still be important, or does that only affect the coming-out-of-hibernation behavior?

i'll keep searching, hehe.