Thread: How To Recover Deleted Items

How To Recover Deleted Items

Hi guys & gals, I accidentally deleted a folder from my outlook and then emptied the deleted items. The notes say i need to click the deleted items folder and then tools>Recover Deleted Items BUT I have No menu item for that! i've updated to the latest version of outlook 2003 (11.8010.8107) SP2 but i still don't have the menu item i need!

does anyone know what to do or how to get back my folder? (i'm NOT on an exchange server)

thanks,

Hard Deleted items will not appear in the Recover Deleted Items...

By default, the Recover Deleted Items functionality is only enabled on the Deleted Items folder in a user's private folders; items that are hard deleted cannot be recovered. To enable the Recover Deleted Items functionality on mail folders other than Deleted Items (for example, for Sent Items, Drafts, Outbox and Inbox folders), you must make the following changes to the registry:
    1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    2. Locate and click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Cli ent\Options
    3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
    Value name: DumpsterAlwaysOn
    Data type: DWORD
    Value data: 1
    4. Quit Registry Editor.
    You can use an administrator's computer or a user's computer to make this change to the registry. After you change the registry, start Outlook, and then click Deleted Item Recovery on the Tools menu. A list of items that have been hard deleted during the retention time set on the server is displayed.
    How to recover items that have been hard deleted in Outlook

this might also help

Outlook - Recovering "Hard" Deleted Items from Outside of the Deleted Items Folder | Amset.info

If the email client you are using is Microsoft Outlook, then deleted emails can be recovered provided they have not got overwritten by now with new email messages. If you using the outlook even after the data loss, then please stop using as it might result in overwriting. Once the data gets overwritten its highly impossible by any data recovery software or by using any data recovery services to recover.

Try with Outlook Mail Recovery (.pst) an advanced pst repair software, and check if you can recover your deleted email.