Thread: No bass on Windows 8.1 after adding new version of Realtek HD Audio driver

No bass on Windows 8.1 after adding new version of Realtek HD Audio driver

I am not getting any bass output on Windows Media Player. I am having a Windows 8.1 system. I had formatted it and installed all new drivers recently. I found the latest version of Realtek HD audio driver through Driver Updater software. Everything is working fine. I am having a gaming headphone. Before there use to be good bass output. In Windows Media Player when I turn on SRS WoW effect, it generate great sound. But after this driver update I am not getting any bass output. Even on many DJ mixed songs, the sound effects are missing. How can I turn this thing on back again. I hope there will be some way to fix it.

Re: No bass on Windows 8.1 after adding new version of Realtek HD Audio driver

If it is a driver bug then you have to remove that and find the older version. You can test that. Go on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer and try finding the drivers there. Download it manually. Verify that you are downloading the right driver here. Not all systems are having Realtek chips in them. Do not forget to remove the old drivers before adding new one. Once you are done install it and then reboot your system. Now check back again. You can go in Realtek audio manager and see if something settings related to sound effects is turned off.

Re: No bass on Windows 8.1 after adding new version of Realtek HD Audio driver

Yes as mentioned above try first finding the right drivers. If the changes in driver does not help you in fixing the problem, then there is one more thing you can do. There are many sound effect software that you can test on your system. Or you can try using different media players also. For example you can test a music file in VLC. Just go in that and there you will find a Filter and Effects option under Tools. Click on that and adjust the sound effects from here. Test again by connecting the headphones on the backside of your system. It might work.