Thread: CyberLink PowerDirector installation fails

CyberLink PowerDirector installation fails

I was trying to install a program called CyberLink PowerDirector but the installation failed. So I again tried to reinstall it but it is telling me to uninstall it first. I also checked in Uninstall a Program and this program was not listed there. From its installation directory I was not able to uninstall it. So, I deleted the directory and also the registry entries and then tried to install it again but still I was getting the same problem where it was asking to uninstall the software first. So does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: CyberLink PowerDirector installation fails

I would suggest you to download CCleaner software which will be able to get rid of this program. It is a free utility to optimize and clean your computer. CCleaner also removes unused files on your computer (log files, temporary files, etc.) and allows Windows to start faster by cleaning your registry, removing the traces left on your computer when you surf the Internet (cookies, temporary Internet files, etc).

I would also like to suggest you to check in the program data and appdata folders in your computer that are hidden by default. To do that, first of all open Folder Options and then select the dot for Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and click on OK. After that right click on the file or folder and then click on Properties. Just uncheck the hidden box and click ok. Also, in Folder Options, select the dot for Don't Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and click on OK.

There is another tool called Revo Uninstaller that also contains a set of tools to thoroughly clean your computer . It also includes the restoration of the system, installed services, the Security Centre (SP2) or the defragmentation system. Once installed, launch the program and you will notice various tabs that are displayed starting with Uninstaller, Tools, Options, Hunter Mode (program reduction). In "Uninstaller" all the software installed on the hard drive are present, just right-click the icon to see the different options available to you.