Thread: Unable to create bootable Windows 7 USB after formatting pen drive

Unable to create bootable Windows 7 USB after formatting pen drive

I am having a 8GB pen drive. It is a HP drive and I want to create a bootable Windows 7 usb on it. When I format it, it shows me empty space. And it was not opening up. This directly occur when I formatted the pen drive. Because I was making it ready to create a bootable Windows 7 usb drive. I am using a tool that I found on web. The name of that software is Wintoobootic. I am trying to use to create a bootable usb drive but it is not working. It does not detects the pen drive. I had tried changing the drive port from front to back but it fails to work.

Re: Unable to create bootable Windows 7 USB after formatting pen drive

Go in My Computer and just check the the drive drive partition format and also see that you are able to open it. After double clicking on that if you are getting a format disk message the it means it is a corrupt pen drive. You have to use Disk Management to format it. If it works then well or else you have to replace the drive. Connect the usb and right click on My Computer > Properties > Manage. In that right click on the usb and choose New > NTFS. Just follow the steps and done. You will get a working pen drive in the end.

Re: Unable to create bootable Windows 7 USB after formatting pen drive

You can use PowerISO to create a bootable pen drive. It is the best software I think. It will also format the pen drive and will load Windows setup on the same. I had used the above mentioned software long before, but it is not so stable. I found PowerISO later on that is quiet lot more better than any other software. For pen drive you have to find whether it is readable or not. IF it is not detected or not working then you wont be able to format or install anything in that. It will be a waste of time. Better get a working usb drive.