Thread: Windows Store stops in Windows 8, says not connected to internet

Windows Store stops in Windows 8, says not connected to internet

I am recently installed Windows 8 in my computer. I am quite new to it so I dont know much of its things and how to use it. Anyways, I was trying to open Windows Store but whenever I click on it then it stops and tells me that there is no internet connection but I am connected to the internet? I have tried many workarounds to solve this issue but nothing seems to be working. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Windows Store stops in Windows 8, says not connected to internet

You can easily try to solve this problem by pressing the Windows Key + R key on the keyboard and then type msconfig. After that choose Normal Startup and then press apply. Now you simply have to restart your computer and everything will be working fine. If still this doesnt work then presss Windows key + R key and type services.msc. After that a window will open, search for Windows event log and Windows event collector and start them if they are not already started and also find Background Intelligent Transfer Service and start it.

You might be having problems with corrupted Store Cache and that is why it is not working normally. To solve this issue you need to press Windows + R keys on keyboard and then type wsreset and press Enter and then Store Cache will be cleaned for you. Incase Windows Update is broken or disabled then you might also face this issue. So, launch the Control Panel Troubleshooting applet by pressing Win+W keys and type trouble, and then click on Troubleshooting. After that click "Fix problems with Windows update" to solve this issue.

If the above solution doesnt work for you then try to open command prompt with admin and then run the below command:
    Code:
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause
    If you want some windows update download then you can use the Windows Update Diagnostic Fixit from this link to solve your issue - http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262