Thread: Importing ppt presentation in movie maker

Importing ppt presentation in movie maker

I am having around 6 different PowerPoint 2007 file. And I want to convert them to a video file. I am having Movie Maker in my pc. I want to pull the in movie maker so that I can create a HD quality video from the same. I tried dragging them directly in movie maker. I and getting a error for the same. So I want some way through which I can import all this project directly in movie maker and create a effective video out of it. But yet I am unable to find any option. I want the exact video of the ppt slideshow. Because it will hard to recreate everything in some third party video editor.

Re: Importing ppt presentation in movie maker

You cannot do that. Movie maker is not having any of those feature. For that you have to first convert that ppt file to any video playback file. Like an mp4 or avi. And then you can import it and make changes. PowerPoint is not having any kind of video editing options. You can try one more thing. You can try recording your screen while playing the presentation. And then you can export a video out of that. There are ample of good screen recorders which will give you a decent output. You can test Camtasia. It is a nice screen recorder. There is a trail edition available which you can test.

Screen recorder option is proper but it will cause problem with the video quality. I had seen that many free version of screen recorder affect the overall quality. You wont be getting a HD output from the same. So here all you have to do is first convert the ppt file to a HD video file and then you can import that in movie maker and make changes. That would be the easiest option. There are ample of convertors online which you can use for creating a a movie from PowerPoint.Just try searching the same on Google and test a few software.

I had used some ppt convertor before but I was unable to get a proper quality from that. I had seen that by converting the resolution is affected the most. And for screen recording you can try using Camtasia. It is a great software. I am using this from really long time. It offer you options to choose the resolution you want. If you need a very good resolution then you can also try using Fraps. This software will automatically generate a HD video quality in the background. But it puts a bit pressure on system also. You can test that it comes for free.

Direct import is not possible. Because there is no plugin or bridge available that can covert a ppt elements to a video. For that it is well answered that you have to use a ppt to video convertor. And that is possible. There are tools that can help you to get hd video of your presentation. But here if you make any changes in the ppt then you have to again convert the video. In Microsoft Word 2010 there is a feature added that can help you to save your ppt presentation directly into a video file. This feature is not available in Office 2007. It is added under save section as Create Video.

There is a problem with conversion. When you do that the quality of the presentation is affected. I had used some software that let me to convert a ppt file to a avi file format. And after that when I import that back in any kind of video editor I had seen that the output quality is not so great. It is a bit blurry. It is best to use some tool that can offer both the features. Or as mentioned above the in Office 2010 you get a feature through which you can simply save the file into a video format. And then you can use that in the regular video editing tool. I think that might preserve the quality.