Thread: Windows 8 pc freezing while using Bluestack

Windows 8 pc freezing while using Bluestack

I had installed Bluestack on my system. I am having a Windows 8 based system that has the latest update installed. The system has a Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB ram with 500GB hard drive. When I try playing games on it the system gets very slow. I had started my downloads on the background that take quiet a long time to finish. When I press Alt + Tab to switch another application it takes really long time. And sometime I am getting a error that Windows Explorer stopped working. What can be the reason behind this. I am not having any virus problem. Then also it is so slow.

Re: Windows 8 pc freezing while using Bluestack

Bluestack works well if you are having a graphic card in your pc. Because it requires a good video memory for the games. And if you are having outdated drivers then it is good to update that. First check for new drivers. And then remove Bluestack. Remove other unwanted programs also from your system. Once you are done with that find the latest version of Bluestack and install that in your pc. And test it. If still it is performing slow then check your system performance through Task Manager. I think you are not having enough hardware to run this emulator.

You have to turn off a lot of application that is working in the background. That is causing the freezing problem. I think a emulator needs a maximum 4GB RAM and a good graphic card to perform better. Bluestack consume a lot of processing power. And if there are applications working in the background then it will surely slow down the system. So you have to check that once. It is good to remove programs that are not needed. Go in Task Manager and see what all things are working. Turn off downloads also. If it still lags then you need ram upgrades.

I had used Bluestack before. But it works really slow when you are having 2GB or less ram. You will need to upgrade that to atleast 4GB if you want a kind of more performance. The more app you load in it the more processing power it needs. And it is also important that you must have a decent graphic card. Even Intel HD series card do. I think you need a motherboard with atleast Intel HD4000. And that will help you to play games better on Bluestack. But if still you are having performance problem then the only option left is to upgrade ram.

You can try testing out different type emulators available online. If Bluestack is giving you hard time then you can try testing out Andy. There are ample of them and you can use all your android games and application in it. It will work fine. There are many good emulators coming out in the market. You have to find one that can be light on your system. In Bluestack when you use the free edition there are many third party application installed as promotion. This also cause a bit of performance issue. I am using Andy from quiet a long time. I have 4GB ram in my system and it works fine.

It is a common thing even I am also facing the same problem but yet not able to figure out how to fix it. I had tried making it work a number of time but it fails to perform well. I am having a 2GB ram on my system. It is best to give a try to few more emulators. You can use GenyMotion, Windroy, Droid4X, Xamarin Android Player, etc. There are some of these which does not really need any much great hardware requirement. And works quiet fine. Just test one of these. I am using Droid4X right-now. This is a bit limited. But it works well and does not cause any problem.