Thread: unable to install Office 2013 in Windows 8

unable to install Office 2013 in Windows 8

I am running windows 8 on my computer and I am not able to install Office 2013 in my same pc. When I try to install it then it starts for some second and then I get an error message and the installation quits automatically. I am using a Lenovo laptop that has 128GB SSD. So, I also bought another 128 SSD and it worked without any issues. After adding this drive when I tried to open Office then it was not working. I also tried to repair it with the disk but still to no avail. Can anyone tell me how do i get it to working? Thanks

Re: unable to install Office 2013 in Windows 8

I dont think that it is an issue with adding extra SSD in your computer. But there are somethings that you need to answer first. Can you tell us whether it is a click to run office pack or a plain office pack? Have you tried installing it from a DVD or a standalone exe file? You might have the legal purchased license of Microsoft Office or not? Have you got any antivirus installed in your system?

It could be possible that there might be corrupt files relating to Office installation, so try to run SFC /SCANNOW in cmd and see if that helps. To do that swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

More information is given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

You should try to uninstall the Office 2013 by download the Fix it tool from this link - http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935. A file you will need to download which weighs 2.8mb called as "O15CTRRemove.diagcab" and once it is downloaded fully then click on open. If the file doesn’t open, click Save > Open Folder, then double-click the file (it should start with "O15CTRRemove") to run the Fix it tool. If that doesnt work then try to manually uninstall Office 2013 by following the method given here - https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US