Thread: Which free video editing tool offers professional features

Which free video editing tool offers professional features

I am trying to find some good video editing software that can offer me professional features. I am trying to find one but I cannot see any good one. I am using Movie Maker which is limited when it comes to voice over work. It just spoil the entire audio quality. I am trying to find out some that can offer me a decent quality video editing work. I want some basic features only. Like a bit video enhancement and voice over work. The one that I have is not so effective and it is also not easy to use. Because it takes a really long time to export videos. I am having a core 2 duo pc and it is very slow on movie maker.

Re: Which free video editing tool offers professional features

Movie maker is a free tool and it is not going to give yo much. It is a kind of basic video editing software that can be used for regular videos and for making slideshows. But you cannot simply use it for professional editing work. The best software that can work for you is Adobe Premiere Pro. It is a paid software. But you can download a trial and test it out. The trial edition will give you full features for a month to use. Herein Adobe Premier Pro you can import videos in seconds. Only Exporting takes time. While in Movie Maker, importing and exporting both takes hours to complete.

There is one software which is used by many and it is free with ample of processional features. It is called as Lightworks. You can download and test this and I am quiet sure that you might be able to use the same. The software is easy to understand and it has lots of professional video editing options. You can test it out once. One of the biggest benefit here is that you don't have to pay anything for this. It gives you options like a smart content management, smart play engine, you can search and filter contents. You can easily sort out the videos you want. I will advice you to test this once.

Yes just try out Lightworks. It is really awesome and easy to use software. This tool provide you simple and easy way to create professional videos through that. There is a entire tutorial section there where you can learn how to create videos easily. If you want something under a free license then I do not really think you will get anything better than this. You can load the videos in it and you can modify the same as per your need. Then you can edit and export them. It comes with most basic features like trimming a video, adding transition, and you can also add a narration.

For those who are having mac system can try using iMovie. I do not think there is anything better than iMovie. It is an amazing software that offers you many easy to use video editing options and it is also very fast. But it only works on Mac. There is no Windows version available. I am using iMovie from really long time for my college project work. For other professorial features you need a more advance software like Final Cut Pro. But it is a paid software. This software has many advance options and also ready to use templates. It is also only available for Mac system.

I think you are just wasting your time. It being long time I had used so many video editing software's. And mostly free one. But they are very limited. The features which you will get in paid version you wont get that in a free one. There are many things missing. There are ample of great software. You can download a trail edition and test them one by one. And then upgrade to a license which you think is the best one. Like there are professional movie maker software by Roxio. Each of this are different. You will need to first figure out what things you want and then you go for one.

Freeware always has functional limitation. If you really need it, why not buy a professional one?