Thread: How to compare two different documents in Word 2007

How to compare two different documents in Word 2007

I am having two files with me. I want to compare them. There are around 14 pages in that. One is the original document and other one is edited. I am not able to figure out where changes are done. I want to highlight them and I am not able to find the same. If I go manually marking them red then it will not be easy. And it is also not possible to find the exact changes. I want some way through which I can simply compare them and get the changes highlighted properly. I am not able to find any addon also for the same. I am quiet sure there will be something I can do here.

Re: How to compare two different documents in Word 2007

Word has as Review features and I think that there you can find a option to compare documents. I am not really sure how to do that but it is available. OR else you can try a third party document comparison software. There are ample of them. You can just download and run the same and you will be able to compare and see the exact changes that has been done in your pages. It is very easy to find and locate. You just have to find a good document editor and this might be also easy to use. Just search on Google and test out.

Re: How to compare two different documents in Word 2007

There is not a compulsion to find whether it is easy to compare a document through a third party program or not. Because in Microsoft Word this feature is provided. And it is provided in the version 2007 and above. You have to open a blank word document first. Then you have to click on the review box and there you can find compare. Click on it. One the left choose the original document and on the right choose the edited one. You will see a window where it will be easier for you to compare files that you are trying to do.