Thread: Adobe Acrobat application error on Windows 8.1

Adobe Acrobat application error on Windows 8.1

I have recently installed the latest Windows 8.1 update on my computer. After installing everything I was trying to install the Adobe Acrobat 7.0 pro on my operating system. There is no problem in the installation of this program but if I am trying to start this software then I am getting an error message that says "Acrobat.exe - application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000fd). Click OK to close the application." Can anyone tell me how do I resolve this problem? Thank you

Re: Adobe Acrobat application error on Windows 8.1

Well, it seems that you are trying to install a very old version of Adobe Acrobat reader on your new Windows 8.1 operating system which might be the cause of this problem. You can try to check out the list of all vulnerabilities that can compromise your system which dates back to 2009 from this link - http://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/acrobat.html. So, it will be better if you install the latest version available of the software.

There are many other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader such as the Foxit Reader. It is a small, essential utility for viewing and quickly printing your PDF documents. It is a very easy to use application that comes with a nice and clear interface, this application will allow all users to print pdf's within a few clicks, their text and image files as well. It is also available for free download, just search it on the internet.

I have found that if you uninstall the KB2917929 update from your system then there will be no issues launching the Adobe Acrobat 7.0 application. But then again, it is not recommended to use an outdated version of the software as it has many vulnerabilities. However, its upto you decide whether you want to install older apps that will expose your system to attack. Just be ready in advance to protect your system from malwares and rootkits.