Thread: RegClean Pro software automatically starts at Windows 7 boot

RegClean Pro software automatically starts at Windows 7 boot

I have a program called RegClean Pro installed in my computer and it will start automatically whenever I boot or restart my computer? I dont know how did this get installed in the very first place. I am trying to find a way to get rid of this program but when I go into Uninstall a program, this software is not listed there? It keeps popping up on the desktop frequently? When it pops up then I am able to close it by clicking on the "x" but after sometime it will pop up again. Is there any way to remove this program? Thanks

Re: RegClean Pro software automatically starts at Windows 7 boot

The Regclean pro software that you are referring to is not really a virus but it does acts like having malicious activities like rootkit capabilities or hijacking the internet browser, etc. If you are not able to find this program in Uninstall a Program then you can try to download a software called Revo Uninstaller. With this program, you can uninstall the software completely and all its traces on your computer, either in the registry or on your hard drive without any issues.

If the above solution doesnt work for you then you can also download another tool called AdwCleaner. It is a tool to effectively remove unwanted software from your pc. The majority of malware installed without your knowledge and not detected by your regular antivirus will be deleted from your Windows PC with this tool. AdwCleaner is very easy to use since it will just run a scan to detect the nasties and immediately remove it once the scan is completed.

I am using Hitman Pro to get rid of this free software from my pc that gets installed without my knowing. This is actually an anti-spyware tool whose characteristic is to automate the execution of the most popular anti-spywares like Ad-Aware SE 6.2, Webroot SpySweeper 3, Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3 SpywareBlaster 3.2, McAfee Stinger. You will see each options at the launch of software like to update and automatically remove spyware that it detects.

Try using different malware removal programs. AdwCleaner is a good start, if that doesn't work try Malwarebytes.

You can try this.

1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
    2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
    3. Click on the Startup tab
    4. Disable the items you don't want and click OK.