Thread: Evernote desktop app is quiet slower as compared to tablet

Evernote desktop app is quiet slower as compared to tablet

I do not know whether I am the only one who is getting this issue or there are others also.I had started using Evernote on my desktop pc and I had seen that the application is quiet slower. Compare to that it works very well on the tablet pc. There is no performance issue on the same. It lags a lot and sometime there is also a problem with the creating a note. I had restarted a pc a number of time but still I am having the same kind of issue. And when I work on the same notes in tablet it works very well. There is no issue at all.

Re: Evernote desktop app is quiet slower as compared to tablet

It might be a bit heavy to use. I had seen that sometime Evernote takes a quiet long time to open any note. And the same thing is also on the web based application. It is having lots of nice feature but there must be something done on the performance part which really matters. But the same app works really well on a smartphone and there is no performance issue at all. But when it comes to desktop this this is bit slower. I had installed a desktop based application long time back on Windows 7 and there is a bit slow down issue on the same.

I do not think Evernote is slow on a tablet or smartphone. It is working well on my android smartphone. I am using it from really long time. I think if you are having a good internet connection then it wont be working slow. So just check that first. If it is still slow then you can try updating the same to the most newest version. There are chances that you are using a old one and that is why you are facing the issue. If this fails to work again then it is good to switch to some other note taking applications. There are ample of them available to use.

It can be due to slow internet connection. I am using the desktop app on Windows 8 and it looks to be working really well. There is no issue with that at all. Here you have to run a pin command to see if the internet connection is active or not. Because Evernote tries to sync all your notes online in real time mode. And if there is some connectivity problem then the connection will start breaking. So just try testing out the same first and see whether it works well or not. If possible try to re-install the desktop app and then test back again. I am quiet sure it will work properly.

I am using OneNote here and I think this is the best note taking application. It comes with Microsoft Office. And it also has a online version. The tool is easy to use and has ample of smart things. It is a lot more better than Evernote. The best thing about the tool is that you can insert images and videos and it is a desktop based app. You can sync it with cloud and get the notes anywhere you want. I was using Evernote before, but due to slow performance I had shifted to OneNote which is lot more better and works well. It also has a android version.

For note taking I thin Google keep is the best one. This app is easy to use and offer you simple way of maintaining notes. Because here also you can link the videos and images in the same. And this also works well on mobile phone. And most of the people are using android phone. It is the most lightweight note taking app I had seen. And it does not really lag or freeze or give any problem. I like the tablet interface of evernote. It is a bit larger and very comfortable to type on the same. Compare to that I think Evernote on smartphone is not so easy to use.