Thread: Recording screen through fraps slowing down Windows 10

Recording screen through fraps slowing down Windows 10

I am using fraps to record my screen and I had seen that whenever I try to do this the system just gets very slow. I am not able to figure out why this thing does not goes smooth. Whenever the recording started there is some problem with that. Even my mouse moves so slowly.I had tried a lot to make it work better but it is not helping. Like simply turning off things in the background but it is not helping. I even tried removing apps that is not needed but still the problem is same. It is not helping me much.

Re: Recording screen through fraps slowing down Windows 10

Frap is quiet heavy tool that generate a HD video quality. And it also puts a bit pressure on the hard drive. When you see at the end you can see a very huge file is generated and it is quiet not easy to get rid of. So here you must try some other tool. Also the place where you are saving the files if having a bad sectors then it wont be at all easy to get nice performance. I think you must try using some more lightweight software that can give you a reasonable output for generating quality videos.

I am using screen-o-matic. I am using this from long time to record my screens. The best part of this screen recording software is that you don't have to install anything. It works through a browser also. And if you want you can install a tiny application which offer you different kind of choices. Like you can record different resolutions and you can get the video of your choice. You can select form HD to the lowest resolution and it does not lag or freeze or cause any issue like you are getting on Fraps. In the free version there is a 15min limitation.

There is nothing better than Camtasia. It is a nice and easy to use software which offer you simple way of recording screen and playing with the settings in it. It works fast and does not lag from any angle. You can test this software by downloading a trail edition. And then use it. It works as a small widget on the screen from where you can record the screen and generate videos as per your need. It allows you to create dynamic videos and then you can instantly share with your friends. Just get a trail edition and test it once and then checkout. I am quiet sure you will find it proper.

I am using Screen2Avi. It is not a very complicated software. It is a tiny screen recorder which gives you various resolution choices and create a video. You can then upload them as per your need. When you start the software you will get options to record the video as per your need. There are three choices Full screen, predefined and custom.I mostly click on predefined and from there I get a dropdown box. I can select the video as per my need. Like you can directly select a 360p video for YouTube. And it will generate a decent video format which you can upload on your YouTube channel.

Screen2Avi is a nice software and I am also using the same. I am using in my Windows 8 system and it is working really fine. The best part of this software is that it allow me to choose the format as per my need. And it works really well. It is fast and simple to use. There is a custom option in there where you can select the things you want. Like you can add the resolution as per your own need. I had used this for recording a few gaming videos where it works really well and there is no problem at all.