Thread: adobe reader very slow to open pdf

adobe reader very slow to open pdf

I am running Windows 7 64bit on my computer and there are some PDF files which takes almost 2 minutes or more to open a one page pdf file. If I double click on the same file to open it then Adobe Reader will opens but it will not display the content till this time period. For this time, I will only get Not Responding message before it will display the content of this pdf file. I have already tried opening the same pdf file on other computer instantly without any issues. So what could be the problem here? Any ideas

Re: adobe reader very slow to open pdf

There are many similar program to open PDF files that you can try, one such is caleld nitroPDF software. It is a free utility for managing PDF files. Besides the ability to read PDF files, NitroPDF Reader also lets you create, convert a PDF file, and also extract text and images from a PDF file, add annotations on a PDF, highlight text and even add text to a PDF. Note that the 64-bit version of Nitro PDF Reader for Windows is available on the publisher's website.

Can you tell us what is your full computer specifications, how much RAM do you have specifically? If it is low then there is no doubt that why the application is responding slowly in your computer? While opening any other software do you again get the same slow opening of that program? Other than that if using all other pdf software is still behaving in the same way then it might be a corrupted pdf file for sure. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader or any other pdf software installed in your pc.

I would suggest you to test the Foxit Reader software. It is a small, essential utility for viewing and quickly printing your PDF documents. Very easy to use and having a nice and clear interface, this application will allow all users to print a pdf file with a few clicks, their text and image files as well. Unlike Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader is lightweight and supports documents much faster than its competitor, which makes it a very good alternative.