Thread: Input Director fails to find slave system on reboot

Input Director fails to find slave system on reboot

I am using input director on my Windows 8 pc. I am having two more system on the lan network. After every reboot the software is unable to find the slave system. I am not able to figure out why this thing keeps on happening. I have to disable input director and then enable it back again.It was configured by an office colleague who knows very well in using this software. It is very easy to manage different pc through this. But everyday we have to reset it back to use the same. Is there a way to make all the settings permanent.

Re: Input Director fails to find slave system on reboot

You have to turn on a few things from Global Preferences to make the setting permanent. Input Director does not identify a slave system on its own unless and until you manually add the same. A number of time you will get a popup in the notification center that a slave system is available for use. And the you can click an get access. But for that you have to add a tick on Allow any computer to control under Slave Configuration. Once this tick is applied Input Directory when enabled as Master in your pc will detect the slave system.

Re: Input Director fails to find slave system on reboot

I am having a projector and a pc at my office. The projector is connected to another pc which has input director installed on it. First I also use to get the same issue. Each morning when I turn on the pc the slave was not available. That is because the ip is renewed. You have to add a static ip to the slave pc and the you can control it and make the settings permanent. Go in Global Preferences and add a tick on run input director on start-up. Below you have choices under On Start. Set it as per your need and this will work fine.