Thread: Not able to change secondary resolution of XMBC

Not able to change secondary resolution of XMBC

I am trying to make changes in the screen resolution of XMBC media server. Which is quiet not working well. I had tried doing this but it is not accepting the settings. I have connected a gaming monitor to my system. I want to make a high resolution on the second one and run XMBC on it. But there is a small screen and it is not changing at all. I tried doing this a number of time but it keeps on failing. I hope there must be some way of doing the same.

Re: Not able to change secondary resolution of XMBC

You can try making change in the resolution you have to go in the system. There you will find in the settings panel. Then you have to again look for system and you have to find a video output section. This is the place where you can correct the resolution you are looking for. Just try to make changes in the same and then test back. Also see once that your secondary monitor is detected well in Windows display properties. Then go ahead in the XMBC settings and test back.

Re: Not able to change secondary resolution of XMBC

You can start with first updating the video drivers. Then go ahead with making changes in the resolution. Just download the same first and make changes in the video output. If this is not working then go back in the XMBC settings and remove it completely. Uninstall the same and then download the same. Get a new version and install it and and try back. This will reset all the settings you are looking for. Then try checking back. XMBC work well for making changes in video resolution.