Thread: Is it safe to backup data on a Virtual Hard drive

Is it safe to backup data on a Virtual Hard drive

I want to know that does it is safe to backup data on a virtual hard drive. I am unable to find any simple option for the same. I think my system has a malware issue. I am getting constant virus waring in AVG. But the virus is not removed. It looks each time the antivirus remove it, the virus comes back in the system. I had tried looking around for a permanent fix for this. But it looks I have to format the C drive. I want to know that if I move the data in a virtual hard drive will it remain safe from virus.

Re: Is it safe to backup data on a Virtual Hard drive

Anyhow the virtual hard drive is going to consume the space of your Windows partition. So there is no great use in doing that. What you can try is simply backup your files first in a external storage. Like a pen drive. And then format your pc. If possible do that completely. Format everything all the partitions which is going to help you a lot. Later on install a antivirus and then scan the same through your antivirus and test back. I am quiet sure this will fix the virus problem.

Re: Is it safe to backup data on a Virtual Hard drive

It is right. The VHD is not going to help you here. If you are having important data then avoid scanning the drive. If the antivirus is configured on aggressive mode it will wipe out the file directly from the system without asking you. Which will later on create more problem. So start with a backup. Copy all your important files somewhere and then start scanning. You have to check the scan report in the end which will tell you a lot about the files that are deleted by the antivirus.