Thread: best between Teamviewer and LogMeIn

best between Teamviewer and LogMeIn

I have a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop and I live in India. One of my cousin lives in the US and he has a HP laptop that is also running on Windows 8.1 64bit. He uses this laptop for basic purpose like email, microsoft office and web browsing. We usually chat around with Skype messenger and almost everyday he has a problem with this new laptop and wants me to solve it because he has very limited knowlegde about pc. So, in order to solve his problem which will be the best software among Teamviewer or LogMeIn to solve this problem? Thanks for any suggestions

Re: best between Teamviewer and LogMeIn

You dont really require a software like Teamviewer or Logmein to connect to another PC. There is an inbuilt Remote Desktop Connection available in the latest Windows operating system to connect to other computer. To start Remote Desktop on the computer you want to work from first open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then, in the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection. In the Computer box, type the name of the computer that you want to connect to, and then click Connect. (You can also type the IP address instead of the computer name.) You can get more information on this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...tion=windows-7

It really depends on you whether you want to use a software or the inbuilt Remote Desktop Connection. But in any case I would suggest you to use Teamviewer because it is very simple to use. After you log on to your cousins computer you can take control of anything you want to block or download something. Also, there is no need of having a high internet bandwidth to connect with this software either.

Even I will recommend you to use the Teamviewer application. After that you connect through this software, it will create yourself a password so that you can easily connect whenever you want to. This way whenever your cousin wants any help then you will not even need to have him to provide you with the password again and again, since you have already made a permanent one. Just follow the guide given on this official Teamviewer guide on how to set that - http://www.teamviewer.com/en/res/pdf..._access_en.pdf

I have a friend that does the same for me...helping when I am lost and we also use Teamviewer