Thread: What do to if EXIF information of images are wrong

What do to if EXIF information of images are wrong

I am trying to find out some solution for fixing the wrong information stored in the EXIF data of a raw image. I want some help here to make it proper. The issue lies with date and time. I do not understand why this thing keeps on changing up on its own. I am quiet sure there will be some way to make it proper. I had compared information of a single image which is in the memory card of camera. It is not similar to what I am having in my pc. Is there a software to make it proper.

Re: What do to if EXIF information of images are wrong

That is the reason I do not use Windows. When you copy a file in Windows, it change the file information to current date and time. And the same when you do in Linux, it will preserve the old information. In Windows this thing is very annoying and it also does not preserve the old version. The best thing you can do is always keep a backup of your image files. Exif contains lot of information related to date, time, image size, etc. So do not just delete. Archive them all.

Re: What do to if EXIF information of images are wrong

There are very few tools that can do this. I am also trying to find the same kind of information but I cannot locate any other option for the same. Exif information is important in future always after when file is modified. But when I move the files all things are messed up. I am using Exifer. A very tiny application. It is not having many advance features but simple one. This will let you to get your corrupt data back. In Mac you can do this more properly. There are some nice photo editors for that.