Thread: How many folders can I archive through winrar at one time

How many folders can I archive through winrar at one time

I have around 50+ folders in my D drive. There are mixed files. Like audio, video, pdf and text. It took me long time to simply bifurcate the files in different folder. Finally it is done. Now I can either select all the folders and create a single archive. Which I don't want. I want to archive them separately on the basis of their folder names. And that can be done one at a time by right clicking on the same and selecting archive. So can I do this for all the folders in a single time.

Re: How many folders can I archive through winrar at one time

You have to do that manually. Like selecting one folder and then right clicking that and then choosing add to archive. This will create a .rar file on the name of folder. I do not think there is any kind of automated way of doing the same. You can still test that out. But I think going with a manual archiving is lot more better. You will get the rar archive in the form you want. And you can also re-arrange that. I had done this before with around 15 folders which I want to upload on Google drive.

Re: How many folders can I archive through winrar at one time

It is easy to do the same with winrar. There is a option available by which you can select all the files and then create a separate archive for each for them. Go in the folder and then press Ctrl + A from your keyboard. Now right click and choose Add to Archive. A winrar popup box appear. Now go in Files. At the bottom you can find a option Put each file to separate archive. Add a tick on that and then click on Ok. Winrar will create separate archive on the basis of each folder.