Thread: getting Microsoft Picture It to work on Windows 8

getting Microsoft Picture It to work on Windows 8

I have recently made a switch from Windows XP to Windows 8 on my computer. I am now looking for a way to get the Microsoft Picture It program to work on my newly installed operating system. I like this software since it is very easy to use and I was also able to do a lot of things on it. Since I am using it from quite few years i am much more addicted to it and dont want to go with any other alternatives. So, if anyone can tell me how to use Microsoft Picture It on Windows 8, do let me know about it. Thank you

Re: getting Microsoft Picture It to work on Windows 8

After looking on the microsoft website, it is showing that Microsoft Picture It is not compatible with Windows 7 at all, so I dont think it will be possible to run on Windows 8 as well. However you can try to run VirtualBox or VMware Player or any other third party virtualization program to install another copy of Windows XP and then finally use the same software in this OS. You dont even have to pay for the Virtualization software as it comes for free as well.

Have you tried running the program in Compatibility mode and checked if that works. To do that right click on the setup file of Microsoft Picture It on your computer and then click on Properties. After that click on the Compatibility tab and then choose to Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP or any other OS that you want, apply the settings and then double click on it to run the installation. See if it works now.

Sometime back I remember that I had installed and used Picture It 2001 version on my Windows 7 computer with only one slight issue. You will need to run this program's installer in Windows 98 mode but. After it gets installed on your computer then set its exe file to Windows 98 mode too. You will be able to edit images but the Save As option will not work. So, try to make a copy of the image that you are going to edit first and then save all your changes to either the original or the copy by simply clicking Save and overwriting the file.