Thread: Which is the best Image Viewer for Windows 7 64-bit

Which is the best Image Viewer for Windows 7 64-bit

I am looking to find out the best image viewer for my Windows 7 operating system. I am searching for a 64-bit compatible software. It should also be able to tag photos and should be fast as well. It should also be able to support most of the image file format. I am looking to use both a quick image viewer and also something that will be able to manage my photos, textures, graphics art, etc. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: Which is the best Image Viewer for Windows 7 64-bit

Have you tested the FastStone Image Viewer? As its name suggests, it is both a display software and image editing program. Although not boxing in the same category as the most popular image editing suites, viewer qualities are at the top. FastStone Image Viewer offers a wide range of options for displaying images. The basis of presentation provides thumbnails of your images with a preview window for the selected file. The software also has an option to view images in full screen and a slideshow with several options in the background, and a zoom to enlarge your photos.

You can even try to use Picasa from Google which is very old from quite some time. You will find it as one of the best image viewers for sure. The best part is that it is free to use Picasa and the interface is also very well designed. There is also a self-image utility developed by Google. In fact, the product is the creation of Picasa Inc., a company discovered by Idealab. Google bought all rights to this product from Idealab. But because it's free, the product has improved again and again and version 3 is the latest version.

The best image editing and viewing software out there is IrfanView. This little program that does not look like an image viewer is yet one of the most useful of the repository, it is a multimedia viewer recognizing a whole host of formats like BMP, DIB, RLE, GIF, PNG, JPG, PCX, DCX, Multipage PCX, TIF, TGA, RAS, ICO, CUR, ANI, PSD, AVI, MPEG, MOV, WAV, MID, RMI, AIF, AU, SND, WMF, EMF, IFF, PBM, PGM, PPM, EPS, LWF, CLP, CAM, G3, PSP, ICL, Video CD, SFW, Icons in EXE/DLL, PCD) and very fast to load. You can also add a variety of plugins (to play MP3s, shockwave, etc).