Thread: Purple videos in VLC media player

Purple videos in VLC media player

Whenever I try to play a few videos in VLC I am getting a purple video output. It is not working from any angle. I had tried a lot but it is not working properly. I cannot view anything. First the videos use to look great. But later on when I play them there is just purple screen. Nothing else. I am quiet sure there will be some way to fix this thing. A few videos are working in Windows Media Player where there is no problem with the purple screen output. What can be the reason. I had updated the player.

Re: Purple videos in VLC media player

Looks like some kind of messed up internal media codecs. You have to remove VLC and install it back again. And then test it. I am quiet sure after re-installation it will start working and you wont be facing any problem. But if the issue continues then the videos are not proper. You can try using a good video convertor software and covert it to a readable format. Like using Bigasoft and converting the video into readable mp4 video format. It will start working. You can also use Windows Media player also.

Re: Purple videos in VLC media player

VLC media player is the best thing. And there is a fix for that purple video output. the issue lies with the video output module which you have to change. You dont have re-install the entire player. A few changes in the settings will resolve the problem. For that you have to launch VLC and then click on Preferences. Then go in the Video section and click on the Output Modules. Now from here you have to click on Video Output Module and choose DirectX Video Output. Just select that and tes. You can disable RGB from here also which will help.