Thread: opening .wcl and .w01 file in Windows 8

opening .wcl and .w01 file in Windows 8

I was running Windows 8 on my computer and due to some virus issue the system files got corrupted in my pc. There are some recovery image left which I am not able to restore at all, other files I have restored successfully. So I am looking for a software that can recover some different files inside the backup which has the file extensions as .wcl and .w01 and so on. If anyone knows how to open this files with some handy tools then let me know about it. Thank you

Re: opening .wcl and .w01 file in Windows 8

There was a solution given to fix your problem. First of all you will need to rename the image restore files into "init.*" keeping their former extension. After that there might be a Samsung Recovery Solution in your pc, just boot into it. Now you have to press ctrl+alt+f10 to enter the system admin tools. After that if you are asked for any password then enter "secos" and then go to image and then import and choose your init files to import them into your hidden recovery partition. Thats it.

You can also try to use the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition software to recover that image. The recovery module allows files to recover accidentally deleted files and folders. The complete module is designed to recover almost all types of files: files from a formatted drive, missing system files and files partitions without drive letters partition. The module partition recovery is used to recover lost hard drive data with a hidden system files from the damaged partitions.

The init.wcl file is actually a Recovery Image file with many GBs in size. What you can do is try to create a current backup of your system with Samsung Recovery Solution software and then attempt to replace these files in the Recovery partiton if you would like it. Additionally, you can also download all the tools like Samsung Recovery Solution 3.0.0.6, 4.0.0.42, 5.0.2.5 & 6.0.12.4 - AdminTool from this link - http://www.mediafire.com/?m03xv2mb6360s