Thread: unable to sign in to Windows App Store

unable to sign in to Windows App Store

When I am trying to sign into Windows App Store then I am getting a message that states "Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC" and will also show my Microsoft account image and ask for password. After I enter the password it says that it is not correct and I am also not getting any option to recover my password this time. So, I tried resetting my password but even after doing that and clicking on signin to Microsoft account, it will not let me to signin to the Windows App Store? What is going on here? Can anyone please help. Thanks

Re: unable to sign in to Windows App Store

Have you tried clearing Windows Store Cache in your Windows 8 computer, if not then follow the given method. First you have to press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run dialogue box. After that you need to type WSReset.exe and then click ok. Now, in your operating system, the Store will try to open and give this message - The cache for the store was cleared. You can now browse the store for apps. Now you can try to open the Store without any messages showing on your screen.

If the above solution doesnt work then try to re-register the Windows Store in your Windows 8 pc. On your keyboard you need to press Windows + R keys to open the Run box adn then you have to type CMD and click ok to open Command Prompt. After that, you need to copy and paste the below command and press Enter in Command Prompt:
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $EnvystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Once it is done, then you can close the CMD and try to open the Windows Store again and see if that works.

If none of the above solution is working then try to Refresh your Windows 8 computer by following my steps. First you have to boot to the System Recovery Options using your Windows 8 DVD disc and then click on the Refresh your PC option. After that click on Next. If it is prompting something, then choose Windows 8 or 8.1 which you want to refresh. After that click on Refresh and now Windows 8 will start to be refreshed. After it is over then you can log back on to the refreshed Windows 8 and then try to login to Windows Store again.