Thread: How to put an audio in a gif file

How to put an audio in a gif file

I am having a animated gif file that shows a intro of my site. It is a tiny animation. I want to add a welcome audio in that. I am unable to find any software that can do this. I had seen my friends site that has a animation in the start and it also plays a music. There is a option to disable that by clicking the audio button. But I am not able to find any tool for that. I am trying to locate a software that can help me to modify the gif files of my site and add them back again. The site that I am using is made long time ago and I am trying to re-edit to make it better. Where to find tools for adding audio in the same.

Re: How to put an audio in a gif file

For that you have to edit the entire file, recreate the animation. I do not think it would be easy for you to do the same. You can try using some tool that can help you to make flash animation. There are many. You can use them to recreate the animation and then add a file in that. It wont be easy, if you are having too many custom solutions. There is one tool that you can try out. You can use Easy Flash Maker. This one is easy to use software that will help you to create animation of your choice. This tool will help you to create simple SWF files. You can create the same quickly and easily. Just try out the same.

It is not possible to add a audio in the gif file. You will need to use some other thing for the same. You can try making a swf file that will help you to get animation with audio on the same. It just like creating a video files. Another simple way of doing the same you can start with creating a video first and then simply convert that to the swf file. And then you can embeds them on the site. To launch the same you have to work on few html codes. If you find this complicated then you can start taking help from some developer. I think you can find ample of them online who can help you to fix the issue.

peterli1983 Guest

You can't add audio in gif file. But you can add audio to flash .swf file.

The GIF file is an image file & it cannot contain an audio stream. You will need to create a video file. If you want to combine sound and animation, you need to use something like Flash.