Thread: Cpu high temperature alarm application for Windows 7

Cpu high temperature alarm application for Windows 7

I need a application that can play a alarm when the temperature of my processor increases in Windows 7. I am having some heating issue from last few weeks and I am not able to figure out the reason behind it. I use my pc for all work. But most of the time I am editing videos in Movie Maker. A few time the system has crashed with blue screen. The system did not turned on instantly. I had check the temperature in the bios that shows above 75degree. I want some application that can allow me to set a alarm for a specific temperature.

Re: Cpu high temperature alarm application for Windows 7

There is no need to download any application for the same. You can do that through bios. Every bios comes with a feature through which you can get a
    alarm when the cpu temperature crosses the limit. You have to go in the bios to look the settings. Just check that. There are other alarm options available for cpu side cover, system fans, etc. When you turn this on you will get a message on the screen. That the cpu temperature is critically high. It is wise to turn off the pc for sometime and then turn it on back again after a hour.

Re: Cpu high temperature alarm application for Windows 7

I am not able to find any application that can set a alarm, but there are many monitoring application available. Like Core Temp. This application will give you a real-time temperature of your cpu. Hot processor means either the fan on the cpu is not working well or the thermal paste in that is dried up. You have to replace both of them. Stock fan offer you a limited usage. For good output you must always go for a high end fan. One that brings you a aluminum pipes. Cooling on that is very efficient. You can work for longer period. Just open the case and check the fan with thermal paste.