Thread: How to get full hardware details in Mac system

How to get full hardware details in Mac system

Is there a way through which we can get full hardware details of the mac system. Like the processor, amount of ram and the board specification. I cannot find any option inside mac for the same. In Windows I remember using CPU-Z that works and gives a list of all hardware things. This help to locate drivers or updated related to the hardware and it is also easier to find about the performance of system. I had seen a few mac laptops in a nearby mall. All I can find is the features and price. I want to check the internal hardware details also.

Re: How to get full hardware details in Mac system

If you only want to find information about the model, cpu and ram then you can find that quiet easily. For that you have to just go inside Apple menu and there you have to select About This Mac. Here you can find the cpu and ram details. You can see which cpu is installed in the system with total amount of ram. to get more details you have to go on support.apple.com. Just go below and click on Other Resources. You will find a option Check your service & support coverage. Here you have to type the serial number of mac system and you can click in System Report button. You will get all the details.

Re: How to get full hardware details in Mac system

With an simple command you can find that detail inside mac directly. You dont have to go on any site. You have to go in terminal and there you will need to type networksetup -listallhardwareports and hit enter. This will simply provide you the list of all hardware in your system. It is one of the most easiest way to find a full hardware details about the mac system. I had used this before when I was facing problem with connectivity. And if this does not help you then you can download and use MacCPUID. This will also give you the list of all hardware in your system.