Thread: Want some help to embeds pdf file in Microsoft Word

Want some help to embeds pdf file in Microsoft Word

I want to add a pdf file in Microsoft Word. The PDF file has table which has some important comparison. And I am not able to do the same. I want some help here to simply embeds that file so that I can share it with my friends. But I cannot find any option to do the same. I cannot send the file separately as it will be complicated for people to understand. There are around 6 files that I want to add and I am quiet sure that this thing is possible in Microsoft Word. Anyone knows how to do the same.

Re: Want some help to embeds pdf file in Microsoft Word

Hi Fozia,

To fix this issue, you need to follow few easy steps, hope it helps..

Step 1: Open MS Word & Go to the Insert tab > Double click on Object which appears in the Text section on your screen.
    Step 2: Under the Object popup window, go to the ‘Create from File tab’> Click on browse button and browse PDF file which you want to add
    Step 3: Choose ‘Link to the file’ option > OK, you can see your pdf file shows in the word document double click on that option.

Yes you can do the same. But it might make the file a bit heavy to share to email. You can insert that by adding object in the word files. Still you have to keep the word files separate for reference because there can be problem if you dont put it properly. For that you have to click on Insert and then click on Object. And then click on create from file. Now click on browse and choose the pdf file that you want to add. That's it. This will start working and you can see the pdf file in the word file.

It is correct that you might face issue with sharing the file through mail. I had added around 4 ppt files in the word and it was unable to attach in the mail. So for that I simply added the file reference in the page and share it. For example if after a paragraph you have to add a file then you have to type the full name there. Like somefilename.pdf. Just type this and people can double click on the pdf file to read the same. That will be the most fastest way of sharing the files and it will also not cause any performance issue with word.