Thread: Netflix App for Windows 8 not working?

Netflix App for Windows 8 not working?

I am using Windows 8 on my computer. Recently I checked that the Netflix app for Windows 8 is available for download. But when I am trying to install it on my Windows 8 operating system then it doesnt work. After launching the app, the ping pong balls continuously rotate in circles and it will not stop. While for most other users it seems to be working fine? So, can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Netflix App for Windows 8 not working?

Well, it is working fine for me on my Series 7 SLATE PC without any issue. I have also tested it by starting a movie at the start just to verify it and it does seems to work great. But as you can see, there is no advantages of using the Netflix app over Windows. Although the app is working great for me still I am just watching in a browser anyway. Generally, this app would be wonderful for a tablet but not for a desktop at all.

Even I am facing some problem with this app. It is not working for me either no matter what I do. Once I install this Netflix app on my Windows device, then I can easily load the app fine, I can also login and check the layout but when I am trying to resume a show that I was watching or even if I start a new show, then it throws me an error code of W8156-800401E3 (Internet connection problem). The show will buffer for around 20% and then the error message pops up.

Even I used to get a "W8159" error message for my DRM error for the Windows 8 Netflix app. So, to solve this issue, I first opened up Goolge Chrome browser and then went to the Netflix website and tried to view a video. It then started giving me messages to install Silverlight. So, I went ahead and installed Silverlight and now this app is working perfectly without any issues along with all the browser. It seems that the Silverlight plugin in needed in every browser to view the video.