Thread: Looking for a reliable voice control software for mac

Looking for a reliable voice control software for mac

I want some help to configure voice control on mac system. I had seen a few tools on windows that work well but it is hard to find anything for Mac pc. I want some good tool that can understand what I am talking and type the same. I am trying hard to work on my accent. I am using a regular mic with a tiny tool which is used as a recorder. The output is very bad on the same. Compare to that the voice control works a lot more better on my mobile phone which is android. The voice control is more accurate on it.

Re: Looking for a reliable voice control software for mac

If you are using MAC OS X Mavericks then you can use the internal dictation tool to type. It is very easy to use and I think it will be lot more accurate compare to a third party software. You have to buy a good quality mic for the same. Or else it wont work as per your expectation. To start that you have to go in the System Preferences. Just go in that and then click on View. You have to then click on Dictation & Speech. Turn it on and then launch your word processor and start talking.

I had used that. It is not so accurate as expected. If you need a really efficient software then the best one according to me is Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I had used a trail edition of this tool on my windows pc and it worked really nice. The thing you have to do is train your voice. It has a few set of text that you have to read and then you can start writing out. It is very accurate and work really fast. I do not think you can find anything better than than this. Just go on the official site and check whether it is available for mac or not.

There is one more solution for mac that you can go for. You can try using Sinus. Download it and install the same on your system. You have to download the voice pack later on. Many says that this one works like Siri. Siri is the voice recognition service of ios devices and it is also very accurate. Just download it form the web and install the same. Move it to the application folder and install it. It works wit latest version of mac only. And do not forget to install the language pack.

I am using Sinus here. I am going to provide you a bit more light on the way it works. You have to setup it properly or else it wont be able to identify what you are actually talking. You can configure it for many application like calender, contacts, etc. There are few function you have to turn on to use it nicely. The language pack can be located from the web and you can choose the one that fits your need. You can then start talking to the same and it will write as per your need. Try to talk in silent environment.

The best voice to for is Samantha. It will talk back to you. You can dictate things to your pc and I am quiet sure it will be accurate. It is correct that we are not having any accurate software to work with speech to text. But you can try using Sinus once. And you can use the other mac voice commands to control the pc. You will get the list of commands in the help section. You need a clear voice and more accurate talking or else you will keep no facing the issue. I am quiet sure Siri is the best for mac.