Thread: How to merge size of 16GB DVD video

How to merge size of 16GB DVD video

I have 5 set of dvds with me. They all have some video. I copied the dvd files in separate disk on my pc. There are now 5 folders and all of them are of 16GB in size. I want to merge the size to a lower one so that I can take them in less dvd. I had tried finding out some software on the web but I cannot locate any tool that can merge the size. I also want to covert them to a tiny format the can work in my mobile phone. Sometime like having hd videos for a mobile phone but all of them to a one single video and that too in small size.

Re: How to merge size of 16GB DVD video

To do that you need a video convertor type of thing. Or else it wont work. You have to copy all the videos and then keep them in a single folder. Arrange them in the format you want. After that you have to find a good video convertor. Something like Bigasoft. You have to covert the video to mp4 format which is readable and it will work well in any mobile phone and pc. You can later than merge them using similar video convertor software. This will work really well and will not give you issue.

It is not possible to directly merge that. The first thing you have to do is find out what is the file format of those dvd videos. By default it is date. You have to copy and sort the DVD files one by one. You can do that by numbering them. And then you can import them in a media convertor like Bigasoft. You can convert to any hd format. For merging you can use Movie Maker. It will also help you to add some caption and so me effects. At last you will get a big size file with all things you need in that.

I had did this before. I had used windows media player to rip the video files. The process is slow but it will rip and will give you a readable video file format. If you want a faster solution then you can use handbrake. A very popular tool for ripping video files. There are many tools like this on the web. There is no need to copy them first and then import them for the conversation purpose. You can just do that in one software directly. Try to find DVD rippers and you will find many software. It will also you a nice readable format that you can merge.

You can try using Wondershare Video Editor . This tool is also simple to use and has easy way to merge DVD files. It is fast and provide you a simple way of merging different DVD files into one. You can test and use Wondershare Video Editor for the same. Just download the trial edition and it has a direct way of merging DVD files into one. You just have to first import all files in it. Then you can add them to timeline to create a single DVD out of the same and export them. It will give you a single video in the end.

Merging different DVD file will generate a very large file at the end. That can cause problem with other media players. It is good if you can reduce its size first. And that is only possible if you try to convert them in avi or mp4 format. By direct combining you wont get anything. The file format will remain the same. And you cannot view them in your mobile or tablet. You can first import then in Bigasoft Total Video Convertor. Just import them and then convert them to the readable format.