Thread: Office 2010 SP2 network resource unavailable error while setup

Office 2010 SP2 network resource unavailable error while setup

I am just trying to do simple setup of Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 on a pc. And I am getting a error on that. The setup goes well at start and halts after few minutes. It shows me a error saying the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. What does this error means. I am connected to a lan network and in other pc there is Office 2007. I want to upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 and I am getting the error on that. I want some help here to fix this thing.

Re: Office 2010 SP2 network resource unavailable error while setup

It looks like an damage setup file to me. And it can be fixed if you replace the same. You can locate one from the official site or form web. Just find the trail edition and install the same. Use your existing license key to run the setup and done. I am quiet sure that will be enough to fix the problem. Your existing setup is damage due to which you are unable to install the same. There is nothing related to a lan thing. You can try to run the setup in safe mode if you want once to find out if any other application is interrupted or not.

Try to copy the file in your pc and then test back. Then run the setup. You have to install office in the admin account and that will help you more in fixing the issue. You can also use a pen drive for the installation purpose. You have to copy the entire setup in the pen drive and then run the setup. If this does not work then it is for sure that your setup is damage and you have to find a new one. As mentioned above you have to simply locate a proper working setup file which you can get from the trail edition.

Try downloading Office 2010 SP2 manually and then try installing it from the Microsoft website and type 'Description of Office 2010 Service Pack 2' in search box.

There are many reasons behind the issue. And this can be due to damage setup file as mentioned above. But still it is good if you can check that once. You can try using the setup in some other pc. IF it works then the problem is with your OS. You might be not running the setup in a admin account or your antivirus or any other security application is blocking the same. You have to disable that for sometime to get rid of the issue. It is also possible to install the same in safe mode.

It is very hard to find the exact solution for the same. It is essential that you must go with new setup. If you had bought the DVD recently then it is far more better to go and ask the seller to give you a new one. Because this one is not working. He will replace the same. You can use the trail edition here but I think there will be some issue with the activation. You can still test that. There is no way to check the file integrity which can tell us which file is damage in the entire setup file.