Thread: cant install Realplayer 16 on Windows 8

cant install Realplayer 16 on Windows 8

I have recently installed Windows 8 on my computer. I have been using Realplay 16 software on Windows 7 comfortably but now I am not able to install it in this new Windows 8 operating system. When I am trying to run the program by clicking on the install.exe then it gives me an error message stating that "This app can't run on your PC". I have checked Windows 8 compatibility website and it says that this software is compatible so why am I getting this error? Any ideas

Re: cant install Realplayer 16 on Windows 8

That is quite weird because even I checked the Compatibility Center and it says that version 14 and 10 is compatible. But there are no version 16 metioned on the list which will work on Windows 8 or not? Since you have not anything about your computer specifications it could be possible that there might be a hardware or driver issue preventing it from getting installed. So, first of all check if your computer is powerful enough to run the Realplay software or not.

Did you try to run the .exe file in the compatiblity mode. To do that simply right click on the exe file and then go to Properties. After that click on the Compatibility Tab and then from the given list choose Run this program in Windows 7. It has been ages since I have last used Realplayer on Windows XP. After I started using VLC, I didnt look at any other software for video and music since it is far more better than any other software in the market and it comes for free as well.

Can you try to update the video card drivers in your computer and see if that helps. To do that press Windows key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard. After that expand the Video Card drivers and then right click on it. Now you need to click on Properties and then click on driver and then click on update driver. After that click on Apply and then click ok. There are sometimes when the drivers are not updated in your pc then certain applications dont work.