Thread: Microsoft Excel crash after downloading files from Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Excel crash after downloading files from Microsoft Outlook

I got a few emails in which I am having around 20 Microsoft excel files. All are in xlsx format which belongs to the new Microsoft Office 2007 format. I had downloaded one of them. When I click on the attachment the file open up directly in Excel. But then it crashes. I am not able to save it on the desktop. This files are having important report and I am worried if they get damage. I had configured a gmail id on outlook and this thing is not working at all. Other attachments are working fine. I have some images in email which open well.

Re: Microsoft Excel crash after downloading files from Microsoft Outlook

Best thing you can do is download those file and keep them in a folder. Do not open them directly. Just download it. If you think those files will get damage in outlook then you can do that directly online. Login to your gmail account and get the attachment. Then open them. If they are crashing still then it means there is some issue with the file. It is damage and you have to ask the sender to send them back. It happens sometime. But I think once you download them on your desktop and open it, then it will start working.

It is will be nice if you run a repair setup of Microsoft Office to resolve the issue. This will make your browser a lot more stable. For that you have to simply insert the office disc in your system. Go in control panel and go in uninstall program. Then click on excel. At the bottom you can see change or remove. Click on that and choose repair. Click on next and run the setup. The setup will take sometime and then try to relaunch the files. If there is any damage file issue then it will start working.

Always download those files first and then open them. Your files can get damage if you keep on doing the same. And then they remain un-recoverable. You can also view the files directly online in a web browser. If you can login to your mail account you can view them in the browser. This works in gmail and live account. You dont have to download them. But as you are using outlook then you have to get them on your disk. Save the files on the desktop and then open the same one by one.

It can be due to your antivirus also. Most of the antivirus will scan your download and uploads. And after that only the attachment will open up. That is my people are advising you to download the files first and then open them. You can disable your antivirus for sometime. Almost all antivirus has this feature. You just have to right click on the tiny icon on system try and choose disable or turn off for sometime. And then download the files. Open them directly. If this works then it is due to your antivirus.

I had gone through such issue a week ago related to Microsoft Word files. There are around 8 files in a pack attached to the mail. When I open them first Microsoft Word crash and then after a while Outlook. I got a message about crash on the screen. The repair setup helped me to fix the issue. I ran that and it is now workings fine. I can open the files directly from the attachment and it does not crash. Before doing anything it is good to go with a repair setup so that your all files can be repaired for stable output.